My Vision for Golden:
Golden is characterized by strong neighborhoods, a strong sense of community, a high quality of life, and its historic and small town character.
- We enable strong neighborhoods across Golden with a high quality of life and good access to community amenities.
- We maintain the character of our neighborhoods and our historic downtown. Some change is ok, but we need to manage it carefully and thoughtfully.
- Golden has numerous parks and other public space. We ensure that everyone in Golden lives within a ten-minute walk of a park or open space.
- The city’s infrastructure – our police and fire, our water and wastewater systems, and our streets – are well-maintained. Our community’s amenities, like the Community Center and our parks and trails, are also maintained well and managed effectively.
- Our schools are successful and well integrated into our community and neighborhoods.
Golden is an environmentally sustainable community.
- It is easy to travel within and between neighborhoods, our historic downtown, our other business districts, and our recreational and cultural facilities by foot, bicycle, and bus/transit.
- Golden is well connected to the regional transit system.
- Golden meets its Sustainability Initiative goals for increased use of renewable energy, increased energy efficiency, improved water conservation, reduced contributions to the landfill, etc.
- Golden maintains clear air and water.
- Golden continues to protect our open space and greenbelt.
Golden sustains its economic vitality.
- Our historic downtown and other business districts thrive.
- Golden’s merchants are generally locally owned.
- We sustain a high employment base, especially with the primary jobs that promote community vitality and themselves create additional jobs in town.
- We maintain the city’s financial health.
Golden residents and business owners trust and participate in local government.
- Every Golden citizen has the opportunity to meaningfully participate in city government decisions.
- City boards, community initiatives, open houses, and public meetings benefit from a high level of participation by community members.
- City government is transparent and accountable to the community.